Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Spell Check Stupiditity

I use Blogger (owned by Google) to create and manage this site. Their editor offers a handy little spell checker. My spelling is so bad, that when posting to other blogs, I often write in MS Word and then copy/paste to the destination site.

Today I made an odd but surprising discovery. The following words do not appear in the Blogger spell check dictionary: "blog" and "blogging". Even Blogger with a capital "B" - the name of the site that runs the spell check, comes up as an error.

How strange.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Continental Op said...

I guess the inability to spell runs in the family, because I have the same problem. And reliance on spell checker has its own problems. When I was practicing law representing public employee unions, I regularly would end up with briefs referring to "pubic employees". Of course, that might have been an accurate description of some of my clients.

Just be thankful the spellchecker doesn't replace "Blogger" with "booger"!

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home